Written by Michela | 22 June, 2011 6:20
Saturday 18 June 2011, regolaristi, collectors and enthusiasts of classic cars are meeting in Reggio Emilia for the 6 th Circuit Tricolore, 4° test of Regularity Championship Towers & Motors (4Edition).
The event, organized by the club Historical Campanon Sportsand the agency of communicationfolettiepetrillodesign, with Marquis Club Lothario Rangoni Machiavelli and in collaboration with Confcommercio-Reggio Emilia, showed great participation: am 96 Crews from all over the Northern Italy, that have been challenged in 35 time trials, on board vehicles constructed by 31 December 1991.
now in its sixth edition, The circuit of the Tricolor, has become an excellent motor that combines the pleasure of driving cars of the past, the ability to defy time, along a path moving, touching points of interest of the Reggio Apennines: a journey of 120 km, which follows the original route of the Regional Championship Auto Racing which took place in the Emilia second half of the '30s, but with some variations introduced every year by the organizers to make the race more exciting for both riders and spectators.
The event kicked off with 9 Saturday 18 June, at the headquarters of Confcommercio. The race came straight into the first regular tests carried out right in the parking lot of Confcommercio and subsequently at the trial field dell'Autoscuola Cats. Then the cars started the climb towards Carpineti, where, along the difficult stretch that leads to the Castle, have discussed the evidence for the coveted Memorial Andrea Magnani.
Here is a tasty stop at the Dairy The Social Fornacione Felina: each crew was given a bit of Parmigiano-Reggiano, Official sponsor of the event.
The charming village of Cortogno welcomed the crews for lunch, which was held at the proloco and was edited by Cortogno bar with a menu designed for ad hoc basis for local products.
Canossa and Quattro Castella, with their wonderful castles and scenic roads have made even more lovely passage of these gorgeous beauties on wheels.
The arrival in Reggio Emilia, in piazza Prampolini, and the awards ceremony held in the Sala del Tricolore Councillor Nando Rinaldi, representing the mayor and the municipal, have marked the conclusion of the event.
Overall winner the crew of Armando and John Fountain on Lancia Fulvia Coupé HF Scarabelli 1600 of 1970 (Neptune Historical Cars), which has also won the Memorial Andrea Magnani and the prize to Lancia with best finish in the overall classification assigned by the Club of Friends of Carpineti Motors; runner-up crew and Andrea Massimo Zanasi Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider 1963 (Scuderia Modena Historica); third prize crew and Loris Francesco Botter Zamberlan of A112 Abarth 70 HP 1980 (Scuderia Modena HistorScuderia Modena Historica
the Confcommercio Cup Ladies' crew has been formed by Marisa Gualerzi and Rosanna Pelaia Porsche 911T Coupe 1972.
The award to 'most beautiful car, The social given by the dairy Fornacione Felina, went to the Lancia Aprilia 1946 Rocchi and Riccardo Enrico Lenzi (Scuderia Modena Historica).
Podium for the Duet Challenge 2011 dedicated to the first 3 classified crews belonging to the Club Scuderia Alfa Romeo Duetto (premium inside the club): Simonutti winners Alberto and Andrea Poletti Alfa Romeo Spider 1991; second Candeago Thomas Domenici and Virna Alfa Romeo Spider 1300 Junior's 1971; Carasso third Alberto Satta and Giuseppe Puliga Alfa Romeo Duetto IV series 1990.
Finally the award to the car Abarth most beautiful, raffled by Leo Models, was assigned to the Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC (1983) crew consists of Isaiah and Samantha Zanotti Vicini (Regularity San Marino).
The organizers have received compliments for their work and are already working for the 100 Gonzaga Miles Lands to be held next in Guastalla 18 September. For information: www.sportstoricheguastalla.com